7 Steps to the IBP Credential
Below you’ll find an overview of the start-to-finish steps required to obtaining the IBP Credential.
Register for the IBP Exam
- Both the Level I and Level II IBP Exams are administered on the same day, three times per year in January, June and August.
- Candidates must receive a passing grade on Level I before registering for Level II.
- IBP Exam Pricing & Registration
Prepare for the IBP Exam
- Once you have registered, you can log into your IBP Member Portal.
- You’ll find all of the IBP Exam study materials as well as important exam information.
- Prepare a study plan and get started.
- Learn More: Studying for the IBP Exam
Sit for and pass
Exam Levels I and II
- Both the IBP Level I and Level II Exams are 4-hour online exams that can be taken from home.
- Exams are monitored by a live online proctor via webcam.
- Level I is administered in the morning and Level II is administered in the afternoon ET.
- Learn More: Exam Topics and Weights
Get Your Exam Results
- You will be sent your exam results within 2 months of exam day.
- If you pass Level I, then you are eligible to register for Level II.
- If you do not pass, you can register for the exam to try again.
Prepare for recruiting with IBP Career Center
- Upon passing the Level I IBP Exam, candidates will be given access to the IBP Career Center.
- Take advantage of resume review services, inclusion in the The IBP Yearbook, mock interviews and more.
- Learn More: The IBP Career Center
Demonstrate relevant work experience
- To receive the IBP Credential, candidates must demonstrate one year of relevant work experience.
- Candidates may sit for both exam levels before, during or after this requirement has been met.
- Learn More: Credential Requirements
Obtain the IBP Credential
- Once you have completed the above steps you have obtained the IBP Credential.
- Use the designation to demonstrate that you are equipped with the skill set necessary to succeed in the investment banking industry.